When you walk into any health club or gym, you usually have two choices for the kind of weight training routine you can do: free weights or weight machines.
Which Is The Best? What are the best times to grab dumbbells, medicine balls, barbells, or dumbbells? When should you start using weight machines like the pull-down, chest press, or leg press? You’ll find out the benefits of both weight machines and free weights below.
There Are Many Benefits To Free Weights:
- You get stronger. Research shows that weight machines are not as effective at building strength.
- You become more athletic. Weight machines are more effective than free weights.
- Your time is more valuable. Most free weight exercises, such as deadlifts or squat-to-overhead-press recruit more muscle groups than weight machines, so you work more muscle and burn more calories in less time.
- It’s possible to move more freely. No matter how many adjustments you make to the handles or seat, weight machines don’t feel right. Free weights allow you to rotate freely so overhead shoulder presses can feel more natural and easy than with weight machines.
There Are Many Benefits To Weight Machines:
- There is less risk of injury. To master